Coffee & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coffee & Chat

SITE FOR FRIEND, S TO CHAT IN PEACE LOL

You are not connected. Please login or register

My cooker saga.......

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My cooker saga....... Empty My cooker saga....... Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Tillymint

Well things went from bad to worse on Friday when they came to fit my new cooker. As you remember they brought the wrong one on Thursday, well on Friday the right one was delivered.a good start you might think, but no! The guy in charge bustled in with saws and tools and took one look at the kitchen and said that it wouldn't fit. I said that I knew it wouldn't fit , UNLESS they altered my work top by cutting it down a little bit and by moving the end plate of one side of the floor cupboard a bit nearer the dishwasher, and he would have to cut down the cornice edging on the wall unit and reposition it so that the lid would open. He'd been in and measured the day before, and I'd told him that the girl I'd spoken to three weeks ago had agreed that all this was possible and that the cooker would fit.. She had spent an hour with me measuring EVERYTHING and I mean everything and she said that they would get a kitchen fitter in if need be to sort it. I had told him all this the day before but he just said that she was wrong to have told me all that and was implying I was making it all up.
My cooker saga....... E96b3293

Anyhow he said that he wasn't prepared to do the work as he felt that I wouldn't be happy with it, so I said that I wasn't looking to cause problems, but just wanted the work done, and my kitchen put back the way it should be.he said they had 7000 houses to convert but that they'd never had to use a kitchen fitter, so I said well you need one now, don't you? I asked him to get the girl back here, as I was fed up with feeling that he thought I was making everything up. So the girl who was called Lyndsey came ten minutes later and she must have told him that everything I'd said was correct, but she apologised to me saying that all the measurements and drawings shed taken had been lost. Anyhow the next thing was the guy Phil was asking me did I know any kitchen fitters! I told him that I knew a few but none that would be available at such short notice. At this point I lost the plot was in floods of tears blabbing about how we'd just got back from cancer treatment on Wednesday and were going again on Monday and that I'd had more tha enough stress and that they just needed to sort it ! So he said he'd get back to me later that afternoon, it was already 3 pm.
Anyhow about an hour later he came back and said he had some good news for me, they'd decided that they could convert my old cooker, and have it back in place within the hour. Not what I wanted to hear at all, but I wasn't about to give this idiot the satisfaction of knowing that. I think he was expecting me to kick off saying that I wanted a new cooker( which I had desperately been looking forward to ) but I just said oh that's fantastic, perhaps you can explain to me why you couldn't have converted my cooker in the first place instead of wasting taxpayers money by giving everyone new cookers when they're obviously not needed!
Anyhow, within the hour my old cooker was back and is working now, and they have mended the door which was broken and given me new burner rings, so I've scrubbed the rest of it to within an inch of its life and I guess my old faithful is now my new cooker !
I think I might write a letter of complaint when I get back though because the whole thing has been a disgrace!

2My cooker saga....... Empty Re: My cooker saga....... Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:09 am

SallyDee

Oh Linda, I could just see it all going on in your house and lots of "prima donna-ing" from the guy who was supposed to be fitting your new cooker - did he actualy have the pink frilly tutu on over his uniform that he has in my head lol! lol! lol!
What a shame about your new cooker though - although on the plus side an old friend is a good friend flower ..... and it does seem to me that all of you trying to get your kitchens in order deserve bloody medals Wink Don't forget to check the temperature when you are next baking a baby, as it may be different to what you are used to with the change of gas.
I think its a disgrace too, but I guess no one will ever listen Rolling Eyes Sad ..... oh well, maybe they will send you some compensation for stress and wasted time being as they saved money on a new cooker for you Suspect sunny I love you I love you xxxxx

3My cooker saga....... Empty Re: My cooker saga....... Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:07 am

maz

maz
Admin

i do too bloody discracefully & what you asked for in the first place luv xxx

https://chitnchat.forumotion.co.uk

4My cooker saga....... Empty Re: My cooker saga....... Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Babs 1

OMG Linda just what you didn't need. Seems that all of us are having bloody problems with the blasted kitchens. Sal you stick with your old faithfull there's a lot to be said for what your cumfy with.

http://www.freewebs.com/angelicinspirations

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]