Coffee & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coffee & Chat

SITE FOR FRIEND, S TO CHAT IN PEACE LOL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sorry I've been AWOL

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sorry I've been AWOL Empty Sorry I've been AWOL Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Babs 1

Been so busy getting ready for the show and I am made up with cold, think Katie must have given it to me when she was running me to the hospital last week. I have been doing mohair and got 6oz done, I might wash some more locks tonight. It doesn't sound a lot but it takes forever to do. The kid mohair I bought is a bloody nightmare to comb and cuts into my fingers so only done half an ounce of that. Might try washing it a few times it may take out more of the tangles then ( I live in hope) the young goat is superb but what I bought was 1 kilo of young goat and 2 bloody kilos of kid wish it had been the other way round but I have to have what she has to sell me.
Right girls do you think if I ask £20 per 1/2 oz I would be in order. I certainly think its worth it as I have been paying about £37 oz from Delta Dawn and to be honest I'm struggling to root my Florian with it. The hair itself is ok but the locks split into teeny tiny strands and go all over the place. Oh I'm in love with my Florian now she's getting hair and lots of it ha ha. It's ages since I did a doll with loads. Not too long but long enough to curl at the bottom. Claire called this morning to pick Scott up for school and she said it looked real which is something coming from her cos she's not that bothered about them.
I have also been sorting my weighting stuff out to sell at the show. I don't use the steel shot anymore just the steel balls from Jayne so I have about 7 kilos of that. I have believe it or not 6 and 1/2 kilos of baby fat which I stopped using cos of the price of it mainly and 2 kilos of glass beads. The glass beads don't weigh very much now I have got used to the steel balls.
We are still struggling with a supplier for the show. It was Claire Hughes the said she would have 2 stalls but after copious amounts of emails from both myself and Lyn she doesn't reply. You would think the least she could do was to say yes or no. We have one asked Jayne again but if she declines I am going to buy some weighting stuff just so people will be able to buy it. I can remember going to the Peterborough shows just to get my weighting stuff just so I saved on postage so I wouldn't want girls to come and be disappointed. Obviously I can't buy all supplies cos I can't afford to do that but I think the weighting side of it will be important.
I have found a seller of GHSP and other bits on eBay who is in Sheffield so if we don't get any joy it might pay us to contact her. Lyn is having a meeting this Friday with the people at the done and she is putting a banner up outside to advertise it and putting both mine and her stall banner in the foyer. There will be signs telling sellers where to go so hopefully everything will be covered.

http://www.freewebs.com/angelicinspirations

2Sorry I've been AWOL Empty Re: Sorry I've been AWOL Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 pm

maz

maz
Admin

think that is good price luv last was gorg im after some fillings so il buy from you just hope netty is going its murder trying to get an answer from her lol im not paying train fare its stupid prices & its only for a few hrs Sad keep fingers crossed xxxxxxxx

https://chitnchat.forumotion.co.uk

3Sorry I've been AWOL Empty Re: Sorry I've been AWOL Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:25 am

Babs 1

It would be lovely to see you Maz but I wouldnt pay the train fare just for the day. Lyn has a room for the Staurday night if you wanted to share with her but its still going to be another bill on top of your Peterborough one isnt it? I wasnt going to stay overnight cos its about a 40 minute drive or so from me but like Lyn says we will have all our stuff ready in the car and can set up without having to worry.I am sharing with our Pauline Jacs is in with Millie and Lyns on her own. The hotel is right next door to the Dome but it reminded me of one of those american motes where the bedrooms are seperate from the main reception.

http://www.freewebs.com/angelicinspirations

4Sorry I've been AWOL Empty Re: Sorry I've been AWOL Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:29 am

maz

maz
Admin

yea thats the prob even peterbourgh looking at £85 1 way at the min fed up Sad xx

5Sorry I've been AWOL Empty Re: Sorry I've been AWOL Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:02 am

SallyDee

I think thats a more than fare price for your mohair Babs - much less than the big suppliers, and probably better quality too - I know if you say its good, the its GOOD Very Happy Can't wait for pics of ypour stuff, especially the babies I love you
Wish I was going to the show, but the show, but the train fare is £70 without anything else Neutral - just too expensive for me Sad I hope Nettie goes and you can go with her Maz - it'd do you the world of good to have a laugh with the girls I love you xxxxxx

6Sorry I've been AWOL Empty Re: Sorry I've been AWOL Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:10 am

maz

maz
Admin

yea tell me about it Rolling Eyes Sally luv xxx I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum