Coffee & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coffee & Chat

SITE FOR FRIEND, S TO CHAT IN PEACE LOL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank you everyone !

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thank you everyone ! Empty Thank you everyone ! Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:40 am

Tillymint

For all your kindness and support over the last few months. We have good news at last, John had his radioactive "drink" on Tuesday and we went back for the scans yesterday, and they showed that what is left of the thyroid tissue has taken up the radioactivity so hat he will be able to have the treatment ! The consultant was a lovely woman and was very optimistic, although she said she couldn't guarantee a cure she was pretty certain that it would be something else that would finish him off and not the cancer, so I think that's pretty hopeful. They are taking him in again next Tuesday and he will be in a single isolated room from Tuesday to Friday, when hopefully he will be discharged and we can get home again. Then a follow up scan maybe 3 months down the line with maybe some more radio-iodine and then just regular check ups. Such a relief to know that this treatment should work, fingers crossed.
We came home late last night and are off again Monday afternoon, no rest for the wicked. We got off the boat late last night only o find out taxi ordered by the hopsital hadn't turned up, so we had to wait and hour for it to come, not a good ending. Gave them a right rollicking when I went in to book the transport today for next week. Stayed in a grotty hotel while John was at the Royal Liverpool, our room was like a broom cupboard, makes me realise how lucky we are to have my sister to stay with all the time. The only reason we booked into the hotel was because we needed twin beds, because of Johns hot spots, but now he's back to normal again, well as normal as he'll ever be !
Came home from work today just in time, the whole island is being converted to Natural gas and today and tommorow is our area. Despite having picked a new cooker a few weeks ago, as they can't convert my old one, they were just about to unpack and install the wrong one.....argh..so now they have gone to try and find the one I've ordered and the work tops will need altering, could really do without it all but no choice in the matter.
Well that's all that I've been up to girls, how about you all?

2Thank you everyone ! Empty Re: Thank you everyone ! Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:19 am

SallyDee

Oh WOW WOW WOW and WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce - that's just THE BEST NEWS Linda cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers On the other post you'll see that we had all been thinking about, and praying for, you and John earlier this week when John was getting his chemical drink - and I can't begin to tell you just how very very excited and pleased I am that it has worked drunken drunken drunken ts been such a long haul for you both, and you soooooo deserve this, no one more so I love you I love you And AT LAST you can look forward to getting back to some sort of normality - FANTASTIC Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Just concentrate on the future now lovey, and hopefull you will still be going on that special cruise that you treated yourselves to - it will be just what you need to sort your over stretched emotions out and look into the future with confidence cheers You have been very lucky with your family support, and so sad that you lost your mum during this time, but she would have been the first one to be delighted with the news, and to tell you that you indeed, only reap what you sow huni Very Happy Sending so many happy congrats, and love, across the sea to you both I love you I love you xxxxxx

3Thank you everyone ! Empty Re: Thank you everyone ! Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:17 am

Bethstanding

Wow that is brilliant news, I am so pleased, you as a family have had an extremely hard and worrying time. I hope and pray that John becomes better and stronger and that you also find the strength . Lots of lovexBeth

4Thank you everyone ! Empty Re: Thank you everyone ! Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:59 am

maz

maz
Admin

yippi so pleased to hear that things went well been thinking about you both onwards & upwards now hun I love you xx

https://chitnchat.forumotion.co.uk

5Thank you everyone ! Empty Re: Thank you everyone ! Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Tillymint

Just gathering everything ready for next week now, my spare room has been very much a " staging post" all this year, no sooner get things unpacked and then we hear that we're off again, so suitcases and clothes everywhere ! Hopefully this will be the last trip for at least a little while.
I really feel as if my Mum has been watching over John for me all this time. I did tell her about John right at the end, on the advice of everyone. Nurses, doctors etc all said that I should tell her as if I didn't I might regret things for the rest of my life. So very gently, I told her that John needed an operation on his lung, andw that was why I had to leave her for a few days to go and get him. She believed that he just had lung cancer, I didn't mention the thyroid cancer at all. When we got back I took John in to see her one last time, to show her how well he was, and how lucky he was that they were going to be able to operate and cure him. She had her mind put at rest by seeing how well he was, and a few days later after he'd has his operation on the Tuesday, I was able to tell her how well it had all gone and how they were able to get everything out that they'd wanted to. It was one of the last few moments of lucidity that she had ( she died on the Friday) but I know that she understood, and I am pleased that I did tell her. Now I'm sure that she looks down on him and watches over him and I try to take comfort in that. Oh dear am getting weepy again now so I'll shut up !

6Thank you everyone ! Empty Re: Thank you everyone ! Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:58 am

SallyDee

Oh Linda, if anyone deserves to get a little weepy it has to be you huni I love you
I think it was exactly the right thing to do to tell your mum about John, and I would want to be told if it were me too, just because you are terminaly ill yourself doesn't stop you being someone's mum, and wanting the very best for them No - and armed with the up to date information she had, the first thing she was able to do once she was the other side of the Pearly Gates was asked for an interview with "the boss" and tell him that she wanted John looking after - she must have held some clout huni, because he has been - God love your mum I love you I love you
Its been so hard for you both lately, but at least you are at the last hurdle for now - we have been with you in spirit every step of the way, and will be for this next, and last for now, visit, too. Then once you are back on your lovely island you can start to plan a life again - and celebrate it in the way your mum will be watching, and expecting, you to cheers cheers cheers bounce bounce I love you I love you I love you xxxxxx

7Thank you everyone ! Empty Re: Thank you everyone ! Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 am

maz

maz
Admin

I will light another candle for you in morning hunny wish you all the best the next news will be brill im sure xxxx

8Thank you everyone ! Empty Re: Thank you everyone ! Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Babs 1

What brilliant news Linda I'm just soooooo pleased for you both. What a trying time you have both had but soooo worth the stress for excellent results. I'm sorry I haven't answered this post sooner I don't know how I missed it. I will be thinking of you both on the last leg of your treatment and sending you love and hugs. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.freewebs.com/angelicinspirations

9Thank you everyone ! Empty Re: Thank you everyone ! Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:19 pm

maz

maz
Admin

CANDLE LIT DARLIN JUST CAUGHT THE CLEANERS LEAVING CHURCH LUV N HUGS XXXXXXXX

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum