Coffee & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coffee & Chat

SITE FOR FRIEND, S TO CHAT IN PEACE LOL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back home safe and sound

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back home safe and sound Empty Back home safe and sound Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:37 am

Tillymint

Got back very late Monday night, last off the boat which was jam packed with TT bikers!
Still catching up and unpacking, and thinking what do I need to take away next time. Next time will only be a few weeks away, as John has to have his radio-iodine within 6 weeks of his op, and we've had 2 weeks already.
Things went very well all in all, but the surgeon couldn't get down into Johns upper chest to remove some lymph nodes from there as he said it was like concrete ( maybe scar tissue from previous op, maybe tumour ) He said he would have killed him if he'd gone any further as he was running ino major blood vessels, which would have spelt disaster if he'd nicked any.
So there is almost certainly residual cancer left, and the next stage is radio-iodine which, if it works should mop up and kill and residual cancer cells. Unfortunately not all thyroid cancers will uptake iodine, so John has to have a trial dose first and then a scan to see if there's uptake, if there s then he can go ahead with the full dose. If there is no uptake then it's not as good, and he will have to have traditional radiotherapy , so fingers crossed this bloody thing behaves itself properly.
Anyhow, that's it for a few weeks, so back to some kind of normality if only for a little while !! Xxx

2Back home safe and sound Empty Re: Back home safe and sound Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:20 am

SallyDee

Ahhhh hun, lovely to have you, and John, back again Very Happy I've been thinking about you lots and hoping and praying that no news was good news Smile Looks like it is as good as can be expected sunny
Whatever is needed to stop the cancer in its tracks is the way to go, no matter which way it is. John is a fighter and has you there with him lovey, which will be making all the difference. You are a wonderfull and inspiring couple I love you
Tell John to take it as easy as he needs to, and you take it easy too, you've been through a lot too and you both deserve a couple of stressless weeks and complete rest to put you right for the next lot.
Thinking of you both and sending loving and supportive thoughts your way I love you I love you I love you xxxxx

3Back home safe and sound Empty Re: Back home safe and sound Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:46 am

Babs 1

Oh Linda what can I say that Sal hasn't said. It's so good to have you both back it must be exausting for you both traveling back and forth. I will pray the radio-iodine does it's work for him. You both take care now and do as your Auntie Sal tells you relax and rest if you possibly can. I love you I love you I love you I love you

http://www.freewebs.com/angelicinspirations

4Back home safe and sound Empty Re: Back home safe and sound Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:21 am

maz

maz
Admin

i agree luv bounce bounce rest up xxx I love you xxx I love you xxx

https://chitnchat.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum